Want to throw a Halloween party your friends and family will be talking about for years to come? Then these party foods are a must! We’ve done all of the hard work finding some super easy Halloween themed party food ideas that will make it look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen, when in reality these are very easy to pull together and look fab!
Everyone will have a Fang-tastic time!
CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRY GHOSTS
IMAGE CREDIT: http://blog.candiquik.com
These strawberries are so easy to make, and they should be fairly affordable as they will be coming into season right around Halloween time, so this shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to make. All you need is the following:
White chocolate – either a block of chocolate or white chocolate melts are fine
Small milk choc chips for eyes and mouth
- Melt white chocolate in microwave in 20 second intervals until it is all melted and in a smooth consistency.
- Dip strawberries into melted white chocolate making sure they are nearly completely covered and pop on a baking mat to start cooling
- Before the chocolate sets, pop on the small milk chocolate chips in the position of eyes and a mouth
FINGER LICKING GOOD
IMAGE CREDIT: www.partytipz.com
These finger buns look so realistic that your stomach is likely to turn as you chomp into these!
Long bread rolls
- Cut strategic lines into sizzlers prior to cooking to look like fingers – remember to slice into the top a little to make it look like a finger nail
- Cook sizzlers as per instructions
- Pop into bread rolls and add tomato sauce to the end of the sizzler that doesn’t have the finger nail cut out of it – strategically smear a bit more tomato sauce around for added effect!
IMAGE CREDIT: https://www.workman.com
Wanting to add some cool additions to your punch, then freezing water in a glove can take your punch from drab to boo-tiful!
You don’t need any ingredients for this, just grab a glove, fill it with water and tie it off – let it set in the freezer and then cut the glove away once set! Not only will it keep your punch cool, it will also make your guests take a second look.
Green food colouring
½ cup caster sugar
2 Tbsp water
- In a saucepan combine sugar and water on a low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved
- Increase heat to medium and simmer sugar syrup without stirring for 5 minutes to reduce down, then add a few drops or green food colour and mix in
- Add in popcorn in 2 cup loads at a time and mix around until all covered and tip out onto a baking sheet in a single layer to cool
IMAGE CREDIT: www.delish.com
Wheel of brie
Puff pastry sheet
2 sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Unroll puff pastry and cut into 1cm wide strips, wrap these around the brie wheel to resemble a Mummy
- Bake brie until warmed thoroughly and pastry is puffy and cooked
- Place mini pepperoni into two sliced olives and place where eyes should be on Mummy
Image and recipe courtesy https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/a29221680/mummy-brie-recipe/
BONE APPETIT PIZZA
This one is perfect for getting the kids involved, just pre cut some of the items and let the kids make their own scary pizza faces! You can pretty much use any normal pizza ingredients you have around the house and just cut it to look creepy – we’ve given you some ideas below.
ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
Cheese slices – pre cut with scary faces cut out
- Cut the English muffins in half and add pizza sauce
- Decorate the scariest face you can and cook – it’s as easy as that!
IMAGE CREDIT: www.ameesavorydish.com
This one is easy, either make the guacamole yourself, or grab some store bought guac and add to a carved pumpkin.
If you’re making it yourself you’ll need the following:
3 x Avocado’s
¼ red onion
1 garlic clove
1 tsp salt
- Mash the avocado up, and add the juice of 1 lime.
- Chop the tomato’s and red onion and add to the mix, along with a finely diced garlic clove.
- Mix in salt and serve
HAPPY HALLOWEEN PARTY PLANNING!